8.35 million euros granted to 23 projects under the third call for projects
19 projects remain on a reserve list and can be selected later, based on future available funds to release
The Monitoring Committee approved a total of 23 projects under the third call for extension, representing a European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) investment of around 8.35 million euros.
The following Atlantic Area projects were approved for extension:
- 3DPARE - Artificial reef 3D printing for Atlantic Area
- AA-FLOODS - Enhanced prevention, warning, coordination and emergency management tools for floods at local scales
- ADSA: Supporting Atlantic digital startups to go international
- AHFES: A quadruple helix Atlantic Area healthy food ecosystem for growth of SMEs
- ALICE: Improving the management of Atlantic landscapes: accounting for biodiversity and ecosystem services
- ARCWIND - Adaptation and implementation of floating wind energy conversion technology for the Atlantic region
- ATLANTICFOODEXPORT: Business cooperation to increase Atlantic food products exports
- ATLANTICONBIKE: The EuroVelo 1, a unique cycling-tourism destination for a green growth
- ATLANTIC-SOCIAL-LAB - Atlantic cooperation for the promotion of social innovation
- CLEANATLANTIC - Tackling marine litter in the Atlantic Area
- DIADES - Assessing and enhancing ecosystem services provided by diadromous fish in a climate change context
- EMPORIA4KT - Empower academia for knowledge transfer for value creation in the Atlantic Area
- ENHANCEMICROALGAE - High added-value industrial opportunities for microalgae in the Atlantic Area
- FANBEST- Funding Atlantic network for blue economy technology transfer
- HYLANTIC - Atlantic network for renewable generation and supply of hydrogen to promote high energy efficiency
- IFADO: Innovation in the framework of the Atlantic deep ocean
- INTEGRATE: Integrate Aquaculture: an eco-innovative solution to foster sustainability in the Atlantic Area
- MONITOOL: New tools for monitoring the chemical status in transitional and coastal waters under the Water Framework Directive
- MYCOAST - Coordinated Atlantic coastal operational oceanographic observatory
- PROTOATLANTIC - Development and validation of a program for the prototyping and exploitation of innovative ideas
- RISKAQUASOIL - Atlantic risk management plan in water and soil
- SAFER - Smart Atlantic Seafood Clusters
- TRIPLE-C - Capitalising climate change projects in risk management for a better Atlantic Area resilience
This projects’ approval was phased, with 9 projects being approved in a first stage (3.4 M€), 8 projects in the second stage (6.4 M€) and now in March the last 5 projects. These 23 projects will be implemented by 2023.
Given the nature of the call, the limited funding available, the large number of applications and high quality proposals, the Programme was not able to approve them all. Based on future available funding, the Monitoring Committee established a reserve list of 19 projects.
This extension and capitalisation call was restricted to the 71 projects already funded by the Interreg Atlantic Area. We received 52 applications from projects setting out additional work, actions and partners to add further value to their activities, goals and results achieved.
The call was open from the 4th of October to the 30th of November 2021, with an initial ERDF available of 8 million euros.
Published on: 2022-03-31
This session was organised yesterday in Porto, to provide the necessary guidance for the smooth start of all projects
You can apply for this position by 12 March 2018. Check out the requirements and job description.
BREXIT update : UK organisations still can apply for funding on the next Atlantic Area call for proposals
EU funds guaranteed for the entire project lifetime
New tools for monitoring the chemical status in transitional and coastal waters under the Water Framework Directive
BLUE biotechnology as a road for innovation on HUMAN’s health aiming smart growth in Atlantic Area
The iFADO project is committed with the creation of new marine services to support the Marine Strategy Framework Directive implementation
Launch of SEAFUEL: the European project for sustainable integration of renewable fuels in local transportation
Official kick-off meeting of SEAFUEL project was held in Galway on 25 and 26 January 2018
Promotion of sustainability of the Urban World Heritage Sites
66,8% of the programme ERDF budget allocated to 45 transnational cooperation projects in the Atlantic region
The ALICE project has started to help achieve the EU 2020 targets for biodiversity in Atlantic landscapes
This project will identify economic and social barriers to the implementation of Blue and Green Infrastructures and improve the characterization of biodiversity and ecosystem services at the land-sea interface in the Atlantic Region.