8.35 million euros granted to 23 projects under the third call for projects
19 projects remain on a reserve list and can be selected later, based on future available funds to release
The Monitoring Committee approved a total of 23 projects under the third call for extension, representing a European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) investment of around 8.35 million euros.
The following Atlantic Area projects were approved for extension:
- 3DPARE - Artificial reef 3D printing for Atlantic Area
- AA-FLOODS - Enhanced prevention, warning, coordination and emergency management tools for floods at local scales
- ADSA: Supporting Atlantic digital startups to go international
- AHFES: A quadruple helix Atlantic Area healthy food ecosystem for growth of SMEs
- ALICE: Improving the management of Atlantic landscapes: accounting for biodiversity and ecosystem services
- ARCWIND - Adaptation and implementation of floating wind energy conversion technology for the Atlantic region
- ATLANTICFOODEXPORT: Business cooperation to increase Atlantic food products exports
- ATLANTICONBIKE: The EuroVelo 1, a unique cycling-tourism destination for a green growth
- ATLANTIC-SOCIAL-LAB - Atlantic cooperation for the promotion of social innovation
- CLEANATLANTIC - Tackling marine litter in the Atlantic Area
- DIADES - Assessing and enhancing ecosystem services provided by diadromous fish in a climate change context
- EMPORIA4KT - Empower academia for knowledge transfer for value creation in the Atlantic Area
- ENHANCEMICROALGAE - High added-value industrial opportunities for microalgae in the Atlantic Area
- FANBEST- Funding Atlantic network for blue economy technology transfer
- HYLANTIC - Atlantic network for renewable generation and supply of hydrogen to promote high energy efficiency
- IFADO: Innovation in the framework of the Atlantic deep ocean
- INTEGRATE: Integrate Aquaculture: an eco-innovative solution to foster sustainability in the Atlantic Area
- MONITOOL: New tools for monitoring the chemical status in transitional and coastal waters under the Water Framework Directive
- MYCOAST - Coordinated Atlantic coastal operational oceanographic observatory
- PROTOATLANTIC - Development and validation of a program for the prototyping and exploitation of innovative ideas
- RISKAQUASOIL - Atlantic risk management plan in water and soil
- SAFER - Smart Atlantic Seafood Clusters
- TRIPLE-C - Capitalising climate change projects in risk management for a better Atlantic Area resilience
This projects’ approval was phased, with 9 projects being approved in a first stage (3.4 M€), 8 projects in the second stage (6.4 M€) and now in March the last 5 projects. These 23 projects will be implemented by 2023.
Given the nature of the call, the limited funding available, the large number of applications and high quality proposals, the Programme was not able to approve them all. Based on future available funding, the Monitoring Committee established a reserve list of 19 projects.
This extension and capitalisation call was restricted to the 71 projects already funded by the Interreg Atlantic Area. We received 52 applications from projects setting out additional work, actions and partners to add further value to their activities, goals and results achieved.
The call was open from the 4th of October to the 30th of November 2021, with an initial ERDF available of 8 million euros.
Published on: 2022-03-31
Do you want to have a great volunteer experience at the Joint Secretariat in Porto? Learn here how to apply!
10-11.01.2019, Santo Tirso
Young participants will have the opportunity to form new project ideas to interact with Santo Tirso municipaly
Recognition of the importance of new models of political management for the sustainability of the European space
The partnership is committed to bringing together the Atlantic Area Shipbuilding SMEs, promoting the collaboration between them.
Interreg Atlantic Area will participate on this annual event on maritime affairs and blue growth
This forum under the topic "Sea Challenges 2030" brings together relevant actors acting on different domains of the economy of the Sea
28.10.2018, Santo Tirso
Creativity and entrepreneurism were the keywords in this event, organized by the Municipality of Santo Tirso and framed within the Atlantic Youth Creative Hubs
30/31.10.2018, Santiago de Compostela
Atlantic Social Lab aims to develop and promote social innovation approaches and methods to give response to emerging social issues of the Atlantic Area
This ceremony took place during the 5th Atlantic Stakeholder Platform Conference held on the 23-24 October 2018 in Vigo
9/10.10.2018, San Sebastián
The 3rd partners meeting gave the participants the opportunity to discuss in depth the wet season sampling campaign results