8.35 million euros granted to 23 projects under the third call for projects
19 projects remain on a reserve list and can be selected later, based on future available funds to release
The Monitoring Committee approved a total of 23 projects under the third call for extension, representing a European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) investment of around 8.35 million euros.
The following Atlantic Area projects were approved for extension:
- 3DPARE - Artificial reef 3D printing for Atlantic Area
- AA-FLOODS - Enhanced prevention, warning, coordination and emergency management tools for floods at local scales
- ADSA: Supporting Atlantic digital startups to go international
- AHFES: A quadruple helix Atlantic Area healthy food ecosystem for growth of SMEs
- ALICE: Improving the management of Atlantic landscapes: accounting for biodiversity and ecosystem services
- ARCWIND - Adaptation and implementation of floating wind energy conversion technology for the Atlantic region
- ATLANTICFOODEXPORT: Business cooperation to increase Atlantic food products exports
- ATLANTICONBIKE: The EuroVelo 1, a unique cycling-tourism destination for a green growth
- ATLANTIC-SOCIAL-LAB - Atlantic cooperation for the promotion of social innovation
- CLEANATLANTIC - Tackling marine litter in the Atlantic Area
- DIADES - Assessing and enhancing ecosystem services provided by diadromous fish in a climate change context
- EMPORIA4KT - Empower academia for knowledge transfer for value creation in the Atlantic Area
- ENHANCEMICROALGAE - High added-value industrial opportunities for microalgae in the Atlantic Area
- FANBEST- Funding Atlantic network for blue economy technology transfer
- HYLANTIC - Atlantic network for renewable generation and supply of hydrogen to promote high energy efficiency
- IFADO: Innovation in the framework of the Atlantic deep ocean
- INTEGRATE: Integrate Aquaculture: an eco-innovative solution to foster sustainability in the Atlantic Area
- MONITOOL: New tools for monitoring the chemical status in transitional and coastal waters under the Water Framework Directive
- MYCOAST - Coordinated Atlantic coastal operational oceanographic observatory
- PROTOATLANTIC - Development and validation of a program for the prototyping and exploitation of innovative ideas
- RISKAQUASOIL - Atlantic risk management plan in water and soil
- SAFER - Smart Atlantic Seafood Clusters
- TRIPLE-C - Capitalising climate change projects in risk management for a better Atlantic Area resilience
This projects’ approval was phased, with 9 projects being approved in a first stage (3.4 M€), 8 projects in the second stage (6.4 M€) and now in March the last 5 projects. These 23 projects will be implemented by 2023.
Given the nature of the call, the limited funding available, the large number of applications and high quality proposals, the Programme was not able to approve them all. Based on future available funding, the Monitoring Committee established a reserve list of 19 projects.
This extension and capitalisation call was restricted to the 71 projects already funded by the Interreg Atlantic Area. We received 52 applications from projects setting out additional work, actions and partners to add further value to their activities, goals and results achieved.
The call was open from the 4th of October to the 30th of November 2021, with an initial ERDF available of 8 million euros.
Published on: 2022-03-31
More information about the new programme will follow soon.
Registration is now open!! We look forward to see you in VIana do Castelo.
Clean energy and the sea: how do we promote the use of renewable energies to foster energy transition in the Atlantic regions?
Submit an application to this initiative until the next 9 September 2022
Registration is now open!! We look forward to see you in Viana do Castelo.
The biggest annual event on Cohesion Policy is taking place from 10-13 October 2022
On the agenda were the current programme implementation and the launch of the future programme
Seafood sector organisations can apply to implement pilots that provide efficient processes, improved & sustainable production - by 29.07.2022
Five businesses across the Atlantic Area will be able to access up to 10,000 EUR of funded support
In this article we address innovative strategies from two cooperation projects to fight floods across borders